As women, we are natural masters when it comes to multitasking. But do you multitask when it comes to your skincare?
After a decade in the skincare industry, I can say one of my favorite things to do is at home facial masks.
Facial masks typically consist of mud, clay and other properties which are applied to the face to help and promote better skin. While there are many different masks on the market that aim at pores, acne, skin tightening and even brightening, I have yet to find one mask that I could use on all of my face to assist and fix all my skin needs.
This resulted in me using what I call the multitask mask.
PHOTOGRAPHY: Shelby Tsika Photography
Multitask masking is the use of multiple masks in different areas of the face to address all my facial concerns.
One of the many things I love about masking is that it is a pretty simple process. I only have to do it 2 to 3 times a week and I leave it on for 10-20 minutes.
I wish I could say I use the same products in the same areas of the face every single time but that just isn’t the case. Whether it is that time of the month, the weather outside is dry or humid, or if you ate that candy bar in a heat of passion; our skin is constantly evolving to its environment.
While my skin is always changing, I have found 3 masks I always keep on hand in my arsenal of products.
1. The Charcoal Mask– Charcoal isn’t just for the grill nor is it exactly the same as what you put in the grill. Now a days, you can find formations of coal from tooth paste to facial masks. For me, the charcoal mask helps in detoxing my face. Typically my t-zone is more prone to oil and blackheads but when my hormones hit, I can find issues around my lower jawline. So this is where this product helps by reducing oil and the presence of acne on my skin.
2. The Hydrating Mask– I am constantly asked, “what is the best thing I can do for my face?” My answer is always hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! Using a hydrating mask makes my skin feel alive and refreshed. I use it on the most dry areas of my skin. Typically this is my forehead, temples and on top of cheek bones. However in those winter months I find myself using it on my cheeks, jawline and my neck. Most hydration masks have a key ingredient; hyaluronic acid, to assist and aid the dewiness of the skin.
3. The Firming Mask– Most of these masks have elements of lactic acid and some component of root extract. I love using this in areas where I feel I need a “lift”. Example areas are cheekbones, cheeks, jawline and neck. Most firming masks have a reflecting aspect to them and will typically leave a glow or sheen to the skin. This is why I love masking the night before a big event or outing.
Some of you have probably noticed that I didn’t mention the eye area. Most masks ask that you avoid this area due to sensitivity. This area should only be left for specific eye products such as under-eye creams.
Depending on your skin, you don’t have to use all of these. Anyway you do it, the multitask mask will be a game changer.
One thing you will learn about me, is I am a beauty junky. I’m always trying the latest and greatest in the skin care industry. I am going to link each of my current loves in these categories for you but please know there are many others out there I love as well.
As always, please remember to read and follow the directions on all your products and packaging.
Disclaimer: I am not a doctor nor a aesthetician. This article is my personal thoughts and feelings based off my own experience. Remember all skin can and will react differently to products.
2. Glamglow Thirstymud Hydrating Treatment : free shipping; product doesn’t have to be washed off
3. Peter Thomas Roth 24 Gold Mask : best price alert
SHOP THIS POST:
STS Emma Crop Jeans: True to Size
Express Leather Jacket : comparable jacket 40% off today + free shipping
Express Cold Shoulder Flutter Top : 40% off. True to size.
Bandolino Booties: 65% off; select sizes. Free shipping. True to size.
Kendra Scott Aragon Statement Earrings: 15% off with email + free shipping
Kendra Scott Inez Long Pendant Necklace: 15% off with email + free shipping
Kendra Scott Tiana Cuff Bracelet Set: 15% off with email + free shipping