Shaker – 1 Day PRIME
Over the years, I have learned the importance of skincare. Not just because I worked in the industry for so long but also because aging occurs for us all.
I have always been a strong component of clinical grade skin care. However, that can come with a cost. So I have learned where to place my money to make the most out of my investment.
For basic skin maintenance, (after much trial and error) I have found 3 budget friendly drugstore products that work wonders for my skin. This allows me to use the additional funds toward my pricier anti-aging products, serums and masks.
As someone that has very sensitive skin and prone to acne, these products have done wonders and stood the test of time for me, personally.
1. Cetaphil Gental Skin Cleanser– Just as they list on the bottle, it’s for all skin types. It’s non-irritating and mild enough to cleans a baby’s skin. This is a non foaming cleansers. Which honestly, took me a while to get use to but now I love it. As directed, it can be used with or without water. It doesn’t take much product to wash your face. With any skin product, you should only need around a pea size amount. A large 16 oz bottle will last me around 3-4 months.
2. Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel – After cleansing my skin and allowing it to dry, I use this product as my toner. I apply a small amount to a cotton ball and lightly run across my whole face. I find it cleanses and refreshes my skin. Witch hazel tends to have similar components as hemorrhoid creams. Hamamelis virginiana is found in both products, which is a natural anti-inflammatory and has astringent properties. I find this helps me with swelling and also fine lines.
3. Cetaphil Face Lotion with Hyaluronic Acid– This product is a new favorite of mine. I have been using it around 8 weeks. In good skin products, I find most give results after at least 2 months of use. Due to the size of this product, I tend to replace it every month and a half to 2 months. Why I love this product, is the use of hyaluronic acid. This draws water to the surface and allows my skin to stay moisturized longer.
I also love the convenience factor of all three of these products. You can find most of these products at your local drugstore, grocery stores and even on Amazon Prime, and it only costs around $30 for the full regimen!
I cannot wait for you to start using these products. Please let me know when you do and as always, how you like them!
(Always check reviews when purchasing on Amazon.)
I can honestly say, I have an obsession. Yes, this may sound trivial to some but I have always loved having good looking lashes.
Remember those days, when your mom finally let you wear make up? It felt like such a game changer.
Yes, there were still plenty of trial and errors that occurred during this timeframe. However, there was one item that I quickly fell in love with and it was so easy to use; mascara.
With a quick swipe, my lashes were instantly transformed from iridescent and non-existent to outstanding and oh so full.
As simple of a task as it seemed back then, as years went on and life got busier, I found that I didn’t have much time for myself in the mornings and that included makeup.
It wasn’t until about two years ago I found out about lash extensions. While I knew it would be an investment, I am all about saving time and looking good while doing it.
It was so funny because as soon as I got my first set of lashes, other women quickly noticed, and were stopping me at the grocery store and even the doctors office. They all wanted to know what I was using on my lashes.
What seemed to be a simple question would easily turn into a full on conversation. So it was no surprise when I recently started blogging, you all quickly wanted to know more about my lash extensions.
I think the biggest question I get is, “how do I know where to go and who is safe?” I recommend going to a licensed professional for extensions. This is so important, as you need to assure they know what they are doing and are recognized by the state. Always ask for someone that has been doing it for a while or even ask for recommendations.
I get individual strands of lashes, it’s just a personal preference. I get them in lengths 12’s and 13’s with what is called a C curl.
There are two widths of lashes and I alternate between both. There are many styles you can choose from but I always go for a more dramatic but natural look. This is just something you and your artist will work together to figure out your eye shape and face frame.
My lash extensions are applied to my original lashes and not to my skin. They should never be applied to your skin and this is a sure way of knowing if you have a good artist working on you.
My lash extensions last around 2-3 weeks. This doesn’t mean they all fall out, but when I start to see them fall out and need areas replaced.
Obviously at your first visit you will need a full application. This normally takes a little over an hour. As for refills, these take around 45 minutes. Which for me, I love. I use this as my meditation/me time.
As for mascara, it’s not recommended to use and you won’t need to. However you will find me wearing it closer to my refill appoints to fill in areas and use it on my bottom lashes daily.
After full refill.
The day of application, I shower and wash my face completely. They want no make up around the eye area. This helps with proper attachment to the lash line. Also, you will not want to get the new lashes wet for 48 hours after for the same purpose.
After the 48 hours and in between appointments, you are able to wash your face as normal but you want to use a gentle cleanser like Cetaphil. A soft cleanser will allow them to stay attached longer.
Just like anything, you want to take care of your lashes so be sure to brush them daily with a mascara wand to insure proper placement and to maintain them.
In the end, I cannot recommend them more. As a busy woman on the run, they take one less item off my plate and help me feel confident all day long.
It truly has been a gift + a treat for me and I hope it is for you, too!
You guys asked for it + here it is…my very first makeup tutorial! Now bear with me, I am no expert at this. I hope you all find it helpful! If you have any questions or comments please feel free to email me or comment under my latest Instagram post!
||SHOP PRODUCTS USED ||
MAC Prep + Prime Skin Base Visage 15% off + Free Shipping
Becca First Light Priming Filter Free Gift with purchase
Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Gel 15% off + Free Shipping
NYX Brow Cake Powder BOGO 50% off
Bobbi Brown Brow/Shadow Powder 15% off + Free Shipping
Too Faced Shadow Insurance Free Gift with $40 Purchase
MAC Dazzlelight Eye 15% off + Free Shipping
bareMineral Ready Shadows Free Gift with Purchase
Mally Volumizing Mascara Free Gift with $25 Purchase
L’Oréal Voluminous Carbon Black Mascara BOGO 50% off
Mally Perfect Prep Eye Brightener LighterFree Gift with Purchase
bareMineral Stroke of Light Free Gift with Purchase
Cargo Foundation F40 Free Gift with Purchase
Cargo Swimmable Bronzer Free Gift with Purchase
Too Faced Milk Chocolate Light/Medium Free Gift with $40 Purchase
Becca Chrissy Palette Free Gift with Purchase
Benefits Watt’s Up Highlighter 15% off
NYX Powder Puff Squad Goals BOGO 50% off
NYX Butter Gloss Vanilla Cream Pie BOGO 50% off
As women, we are natural masters when it comes to multitasking. But do you multitask when it comes to your skincare?
After a decade in the skincare industry, I can say one of my favorite things to do is at home facial masks.
Facial masks typically consist of mud, clay and other properties which are applied to the face to help and promote better skin. While there are many different masks on the market that aim at pores, acne, skin tightening and even brightening, I have yet to find one mask that I could use on all of my face to assist and fix all my skin needs.
This resulted in me using what I call the multitask mask.
PHOTOGRAPHY: Shelby Tsika Photography
Multitask masking is the use of multiple masks in different areas of the face to address all my facial concerns.
One of the many things I love about masking is that it is a pretty simple process. I only have to do it 2 to 3 times a week and I leave it on for 10-20 minutes.
I wish I could say I use the same products in the same areas of the face every single time but that just isn’t the case. Whether it is that time of the month, the weather outside is dry or humid, or if you ate that candy bar in a heat of passion; our skin is constantly evolving to its environment.
While my skin is always changing, I have found 3 masks I always keep on hand in my arsenal of products.
1. The Charcoal Mask– Charcoal isn’t just for the grill nor is it exactly the same as what you put in the grill. Now a days, you can find formations of coal from tooth paste to facial masks. For me, the charcoal mask helps in detoxing my face. Typically my t-zone is more prone to oil and blackheads but when my hormones hit, I can find issues around my lower jawline. So this is where this product helps by reducing oil and the presence of acne on my skin.
2. The Hydrating Mask– I am constantly asked, “what is the best thing I can do for my face?” My answer is always hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! Using a hydrating mask makes my skin feel alive and refreshed. I use it on the most dry areas of my skin. Typically this is my forehead, temples and on top of cheek bones. However in those winter months I find myself using it on my cheeks, jawline and my neck. Most hydration masks have a key ingredient; hyaluronic acid, to assist and aid the dewiness of the skin.
3. The Firming Mask– Most of these masks have elements of lactic acid and some component of root extract. I love using this in areas where I feel I need a “lift”. Example areas are cheekbones, cheeks, jawline and neck. Most firming masks have a reflecting aspect to them and will typically leave a glow or sheen to the skin. This is why I love masking the night before a big event or outing.
Some of you have probably noticed that I didn’t mention the eye area. Most masks ask that you avoid this area due to sensitivity. This area should only be left for specific eye products such as under-eye creams.
Depending on your skin, you don’t have to use all of these. Anyway you do it, the multitask mask will be a game changer.
One thing you will learn about me, is I am a beauty junky. I’m always trying the latest and greatest in the skin care industry. I am going to link each of my current loves in these categories for you but please know there are many others out there I love as well.
As always, please remember to read and follow the directions on all your products and packaging.
Disclaimer: I am not a doctor nor a aesthetician. This article is my personal thoughts and feelings based off my own experience. Remember all skin can and will react differently to products.
2. Glamglow Thirstymud Hydrating Treatment : free shipping; product doesn’t have to be washed off
3. Peter Thomas Roth 24 Gold Mask : best price alert
SHOP THIS POST:
STS Emma Crop Jeans: True to Size
Express Leather Jacket : comparable jacket 40% off today + free shipping
Express Cold Shoulder Flutter Top : 40% off. True to size.
Bandolino Booties: 65% off; select sizes. Free shipping. True to size.
Kendra Scott Aragon Statement Earrings: 15% off with email + free shipping
Kendra Scott Inez Long Pendant Necklace: 15% off with email + free shipping
Kendra Scott Tiana Cuff Bracelet Set: 15% off with email + free shipping